I'll love you forever.
I'll like you for always.
As long as I'm living,
My baby you'll be.
Mother's Day was so special this year. It started with breakfast in bed and a great gift from Jason and Joanna. My emotional self cried my eyes out when I heard Jason and Joanna's voices coming out of the giant Build a Bear that Joanna carried into my room. It goes a little like this:
Jason: "JoJo, say happy mother's day!"
Joanna: -silence-
Jason: "Say I love you Mama"
Joanna: "ehhhh"
Jason: "Good enough for me"
To a random person on the street, this may have been an unsuccessful attempt at a gift. For me, it was perfect. It melted my heart. It was the two loves of my life being exactly who they are! My heart just bursts every time I hear it (and as you can imagine, with an excited one year old, I hear it quite often!).
After a great morning with my little family at home and church, we traveled down to Madison to see the whole family. I feel so blessed to have my moms and grandmothers in my life and to be able to spend so much time with them. They have taught me so much about how to be a mama to Joanna and I am eternally grateful to them. The last two years have been a whirlwind and they have been here for me physically and emotionally through a wedding, 2 pregnancies, a birth, dealing with an extremely high needs baby, sleepless nights, hip surgery, building a house, moving while pregnant, and contractions at 25 weeks pregnant with number 2. I couldn't ask for a better support system!
Joanna and I made butterfly flower pots for my mom and grandmas with her footprints on them. She had a blast digging in the dirt and learned that we do not pull the flowers out of the pots once we plant them. She also enjoyed getting her feet painted to do the footprints! I wish I had pictures of the whole process of making them but I was quite busy keeping the situation under control that I had no free hands! So here is the finished product!
Here are some pictures of the cutie pie enjoying the outdoors with her family at Papa and Mimi's house!























No comments:
Post a Comment